TestFlight is an platform for app developers which helps in test and distribute iOS and Android applications to team. This helps in manage team and notify distribute build over the air. Additionaly TestFlight SDK supports analytics to get metrics of the test report. TestFlight announced it would be terminating Android support as of March 21.
- Create Team
- Invite team members
- Adding team members devices.
- Upload, manage and distribute build
For a Developer
- Sign up to create a new TestFlight account and to create your team.
- Invite members and gather the device UDIDs from the team members and add them to your Apple Developer Portal and provisioning profile for the app (need only for iOS). For android you don’t need this step.
- Prepare builds from your source code and then upload to TestFlight. Android application will have the file name as .apk and iOS platforms will generate .ipa file
- Create a distribution list or pick individual members for distributing the build. All users will get notification over mail.
For a Tester
- As a tester using TestFlight, you can either be invited, recruited or just sign up.
- Once you sign up with TestFlight and login to the dashboard for the first time, you will be asked to connect your device, allowing developers to access the device’s Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or have the ability to install Android apps on your device.
- Once you have successfully connected the device to your account and have been accepted to a team, the developer will have to add the UDID to the application, so that you can install it on your device.
- Once the developer uploads a build you will receive an email through TestFlight, from the developer, with a link to install the build.
- Follow the instructions in the email, click on the link, download the build to your device, and you will be ready to begin using the app.